The surgeons at Gold Coast recognise that a patient’s general practitioner is the most appropriate person to co-ordinate referrals for specialist care. Our surgeons will do their best to prioritise your patients based on the information you provide to them.
Our surgeons greatly appreciate receiving a detailed referral which includes:
- The purpose of the referral
- Any clinical issues you consider to be urgent
- A brief history of the patient’s spinal complaints
- Details of any workers compensation or other compensation claim
- Medical and Surgical history
- A list of current medications
- Comments on your views as to the priority the patient should receive for an appointment based their clinical condition
Should you wish to discuss any concerns about your patient directly with our surgeons by phone, we will be happy to put you through. Should the surgeon be unavailable our Practice Nurse or General Manager will be happy to assist you.
On the basis of advice from the Department Human Services, Gold Coast Spine is able to receive referrals addressed as follows:
- Matthew Scott-Young – should you specifically wish Assoc Prof Scott-Young to review your patient.
- Laurence McEntee – should you specifically wish Assist Prof McEntee to review your patient and also for all workers compensation and DVA Gold Card referrals.
- Matthew Scott-Young/Laurence McEntee – should you just want the next available appointment with either surgeon to be offered to your patient.